1. What are the minimum eligibility requirements for a Canada Immigration Visa under the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)?
To be eligible for a Canada Immigration (Permanent Resident) Visa under the FSWP, candidates must:
- have at least one year of continuous full-time, or equivalent, paid work experience in the past 10 years in a skilled occupation (National Occupational Classification skill type 0 or skill level A or B);
- have validated language test results equivalent to Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 in English or French across all abilities (reading, writing, listening, and speaking); and
- have a Canadian educational credential (certificate, diploma, or degree) or foreign credential supported by an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report.
- have enough settlement funds for settlement in Canada.
FSWP applicants must attain at least 67 points on Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)’s six immigration selection factors.
Finally, all applicants and their accompanying and non-accompanying dependents, under all categories of Canadian Immigration, must satisfy Canadian health and security/criminality requirements.