12) How is the one year of work experience calculated for the CEC?
IRCC counts your work experience as follows to see if you are eligible for the CEC:
- One year of full time work is calculated as:
- 30 hours of work per week for 12 months = 1 year of full time employment (1,560 hours), or
- the equivalent amount of work (1,560 hours) in part time work, such as:
- 15 hours of work per week for 24 months = 1 year of full time employment (1,560 hours)
- 30 hours of work per week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
You can work for more or less than 15 hours per week in part time roles as long as it adds up to 1,560 hours.
IRCC does not count any hours you work above 30 hours per week.