Permanent Residence: (Express Entry)
Canada Express Entry is the main way of managing skilled worker applications through the three main economic class immigration programs:
- ∎ Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
- ∎ Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
- ∎ Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
Candidates who are eligible for Canada Express Entry can upload their profile onto the federal government’s website.
CRS: Canada uses the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) to rank skilled worker candidates who want to immigrate to Canada through Canada Express Entry. The CRS awards candidates a score based on criteria such as their age, education, language skills, and work experience
Approximately every two weeks, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) invites candidates with the highest CRS scores to apply for permanent residence.IRCC aims to process permanent residence applications in six months or less.
Under its Immigration Levels Plan, Canada seeks to welcome an average of 110,000 immigrants through Canada Express Entry each year.
Eligibility Criteria for Canada Express Entry Programme
In order to be eligible to apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Program, potential candidates must meet the minimum requirements for work, language ability, and education and obtain at least 67 points under the program’s 100-point grid.
The Minimum Requirements Are
- ∎ One year of continuous full-time or equivalent paid work experience in the past 10 years in a skilled occupation classified under the National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill level 0, A or B;
- ∎ Validated language ability equivalent to Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 in English or French across all abilities (reading, writing, listening, and speaking); and
- ∎ Canadian educational credential (certificate, diploma, or degree) or foreign credential and Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report.
- ∎ Get at least 67 out of 100 points on the FSWP grid. The program’s grid assesses candidates based on factors that include age, education, work experience, arranged employment, language ability, and adaptability.
- ∎ Once you are eligible, you can enter the Canada Express Entry pool. Candidate profiles in the Canada Express Entry pool, which also includes Federal Skilled Trades and Canadian Experience Class candidates, are ranked based on the CRS.
CONTACT US to see if YOU ARE ELIGIBLE
How We Can Help
At Law Wise, our experienced Immigration lawyers understand your specific circumstances and provide tailored and customized solutions for each of them. We ensure prompt communication and a professional approach to achieve successful outcomes for you.
Feel comfortable interacting with us. We speak languages like English, Urdu, Hindi and Punjabi.